All India Congress Committee secretary and MLC Ponguleti Sudhakar on Monday accused Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu of launching a malicious campaign against government to get mileage on Mylavaram incident, which claimed 17 lives due to the consumption of spurious liquor.
Talking to media persons at the Congress Legislature Party Office, Ponguleti Sudhakar said that Naidu has no moral right to talk on liquor as violated the prohibition policy imposed by TDP founder president N T Rama Rao during his tenure and gave liberal permits for liquor shops.
Stating that Naidu was raising hue and cry to get sympathy of victims, he said that the government was taking all measures to help the victims’ family members and provide job to one member of the family under the Rajiv Yuva Kiranalu Scheme.
Ponguleti said that Naidu, who did not even pay any compensation to such victims during his tenure, was now trying to get political mileage on the incident. However, he said that the people of the state would not believe Naidu and teach him a fitting lesson in the next elections.
He said that the Congress Legislature Party would recommend to the Chief Minister to take stringent action against those responsible for the Mylavaram incident. Legislative council government whip Y Siva Rami Reddy and MLC Rudraraju Padma Raju were present. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!