Two Congress MPs on Sunday tried to prove that Telangana issue could be resolved through dialogue.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar called upon Guntur MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao at latter’s residence to discuss the Telangana issue. Later, talking to reporters Ponnam said that the MPs from Seemandhra region, who are opposing statehood for Telangana, should introspect and find out the reasons that led more than 700 students to commit suicide for the cause. He appealed Rayapati to support the Telangana demand and invited other MPs from the Seemandhra region for a dialogue on the issue.
Ponnam also demanded that the Central Government honour its promise of bifurcating the State. He said that the MPs from the Telangana region would meet in the next two days to revive the efforts to convince the Congress High Command for giving statehood for the region.
The Guntur MP too said that all Congress MPs were part of a family and therefore, they could sit and discuss any issue including Telangana. He maintained that he was in favour of a united Andhra Pradesh. However, he said that the MPs have left the final decision to Congress High Command. He said the MPs would abide whatever decision the Centre takes on the issue. (INN)
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections