A division bench of High Court on Wednesday reduced from six to two years, the jail sentence of G Siddhartha Reddy, prime accused in film star Pratyusha suicide case.
The court passed the order on a petition filed by Siddhartha Reddy and fined Rs 50,000 on charges of abetment of suicide and one more year of imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1,000 for attempting suicide.
The court directed Siddhartha Reddy to surrender before police by January 15.
Earlier, Siddartha Reddy was sentenced to six years imprisonment by a Sessions Court. Challenging the jail sentence, Siddhartha Reddy filed a petition in the High Court. Siddartha has been in jail for the last 115 days following the sessions court judgment.
Siddhartha and Pratyusha were in love and they did not have the clearance from family members for marriage.
They consumed poison and were admitted to a private hospital on February 23. 2002. The girl died next day while Siddharth survived.
CBI, which investigated the case, concluded that Siddhartha had driven Pratyusha to suicide. (INN)
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers