Praja Rajyam Party whip Vanga Geetha on Thursday submitted substantial material to Speaker Nadendla Manohar in connection with disqualification petition against MLA Shobha Nagireddy.
The PRP had requested the Speaker to disqualify Nagireddy for violating the party whip during the No Confidence Motion introduced against Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Government. After hearing Geetha’s version, the Speaker assured her that he would take action after going through the evidences.
Later, talking to media persons at Praja Rajyam Legislature Party office, Vanga Geetha said that she had produced all evidences against Shobha Nagireddy and sought her disqualification from the assembly’s membership for indulging in anti-party activities. She that Shobha Nagireddy had resigned from the MLA’s post fearing disqualification. However, she asked as to why she was afraid of appearing before the Speaker despite getting a notice.
Geetha said that despite the formal merger with the Congress party, technically the PRP is still a separate party and therefore, the Anti-Defection Laws would be applicable on its MLAs, if they defy the party whip. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!