Expressing serious concern over the prevailing drought situation in the district, Revenue Minister N Raghuveera Reddy on Friday observed one-day Mouna Deeksha (sitting silent) at Madakasira in Anantapur district.
Before sitting-in for Mouna Deeksha in front of Mahatma Gandhi’s statue at Madakasira, Raghuveera Reddy said that the farmers in the district were not in a position to celebrate the Ugadi Celebrations due to their pathetic financial position.
Stating that he was sitting in for Mouna Deeksha to express solidarity with the farmers, he said that the distressed farmers were forced to commit suicide as they were unable to clear their debts.
Raghuveera hoped that the New Telugu Year would bless the farmers with good monsoon and rich harvest and solve all their financial problems. (INN)
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers
- Happy Sankranthi dear Readers
- YSR Congress Sweeps By-Elections