Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Tuesday rejected the resignations of all 13 MPs from the Telangana region who resigned to their post demanding statehood for the region.
Besides, the Speaker has also rejected the resignation of Congress MP Mekapati Rajamohan who resigned in protest against the inclusion of former chief minister late YS Rajasekhara Reddy’s name in Central Bureau of Investigation’s case into the alleged illegal assets of Kadapa MP Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Rejecting the 13 Telangana MPs resignations, who have put in papers in support of the demand for creation of a separate state of Telangana, Meira Kumar reportedly opined that the reason for submitting the resignation was not correct. The Speaker reportedly felt that the MPs who resigned were “emotionally charged and motivated”. The Speaker has conveyed her decision to the MPs through joint secretary of parliament.
The MPs who submitted resignations on July 4 for the cause of Telangana include nine from Congress party and two each from the TDP and TRS.
On October 12, eight Congress MPs were summoned by the Speaker to seek clarification on their resignations. “I heard you and seized of the matter,” this is what the Speaker told the Congress MPs during the meeting. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!