The State Government on Wednesday appealed to the Centre to lift ban on the export of cotton.
Speaking on the issue in the State Legislative Assembly, Agriculture Minister Kanna Lakshmi Narayana said that Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy has already written a letter to Prime Minsiter Dr Manmohan Singh and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on the issue.
The minister informed that the State produces about 3.45 crore cotton balls per annum. Of this, about 2.45 crore gets utilised in the State while farmers used to export about 90 lakh cotton balls. Admitting that the ban was affecting the livelihood of cotton farmers in the State, he asked the Centre to lift the ban.
Earlier, TDP MLAs gave an adjournment motion on the issue soon after the House met at 9 am and demanded discussion. However, Speaker Nadendla Manohar disallowed the motion while permitting the minster to make a brief statement on the issue. Not convinced with the minister’s reply, the TDP members rushed to the podium and raised slogans against the government. Following uproar, the Speaker adjourned the House for half-an-hour.
The Speaker has also disallowed adjournment motions given by CPI on hike in drinking water tariff and BJP on property tax in urban areas. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!