Tourism Minister Vatti Vasanth Kumar on Thursday informed the State Legislative Assembly that the State Government was making efforts to identify and develop new tourists destinations in the State.
Replying to a question raised by PRP MLA K Kannababu during Question Hour, the minister said 21 new tourist places have been identified for development of tourism including five places in East Godavari district. He said that the government has asked the East Godavari collector for a report on the development of Kakinada beach.
Vasanth Kumar said that the State Government has included the Koringa Forest Area development under the prioritised list for the year 2011-12. The Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation was proposing to develop the eco-tourism centre at Koringa with an estimated amount of Rs 6.25 crore wherein the Central Government’s component is Rs 5.20 crore and State’s component is Rs 1 crore. He said that the Detail Project Report was under preparation.
The minister said that under tourism sector, the APTDS has employed 1910 people and the PMU wing YAT&C Department provided an employment to 1600 people through PPP projects. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!