The Congress MPs from the Telangana region on Tuesday wrote a letter to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi stating that the people of region were not ready to accept any alternative except for the formation of separate Telangana state.
In the letter, the MPs stated that the regional councils and special packages would not serve any purpose and only through formation of Telangana state the development of the region was possible. The MPs also opposed the proposal of making Hyderabad as a Union Territory.
“We want Telangana as it existed before November 1, 1956,” Telangana Congress Steering Committee chairman and Rajya Sabha MP K Keshav Rao told reporters.
The MPs appealed to Dr Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi to honour the promise made by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram on December 9, 2009 stating that the Centre would begin the process of formation of Telangana.
The MPs letter to Sonia Gandhi and Dr Singh assumes importance in the wake of reports that the Congress high command was mooting the idea of forming regional councils to address the Telangana issue. One report also suggested that former PCC chief D Srinivas would be appointed as the chairman for the Telangana regional council. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections