Telugu Desam MLA Devineni Umamaheswara Rao on Tuesday demanded that the state government lift restrictions on export of cotton to other countries.
Talking to media persons at Assembly media point, Devineni Umamaheswara Rao said the party would move an adjournment motion in the House seeking discussion on the issue. Stating that the cotton growers in the State were in a pathetic condition, he said that the growers were not even getting the input cost that they have incurred on the crop due to government’s attitude.
Devineni appealed to government to take steps for announcing supportive price for cotton and lift restrictions on exports to ensure that get remunerative price in the other markets. He asked as to why the Central ministers from the state – S Jaipal Reddy and Panabaka Laxmi – did not object to the Centre’s recently issued order banning export of cotton to other countries.
Stating that many cotton farmers have ended their lives due to financial problems, he asked the government to announce relief measures for their welfare. (INN)
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers