Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday demanded permanent solution to the problems being faced by the fishermen of Mummadivaram and I-Polavaram from the oil drilling operations of Gujarat Petro Chemical Corporation in the Bay of Bengal.
Chandrababu Naidu made this statement after representatives of fishermen and TDP workers from the East Godavari district called on him at NTR Bhavan on Friday. He said that Kiran Kumar Reddy Government was not bothered about the problems of the farmers and fishermen living on the sea shore from Srikakulam to Nellore districts.
Naidu said that each fishermen with country boat should get Rs 20,000, motor boat-Rs 30,000 and a trawler Rs 50,000 per month compensation for the entire period their fishing activity has been hampered ever since the oil rigging has commenced in the area. He demanded that fishermen should be given housing, employment and marketing opportunities for their produce and also other rehabilitation sops to the fishermen affected by the oil drilling operations of not only GPCC but also the ONGC and Reliance Industries Limited. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- చంద్రబాబుకు షాకిచ్చిన సీనియర్ నేత!
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!