Tension prevailed in Mylavaram of Vijayawada on Saturday after the police arrested Telugu Desam Party MLA Deveneni Uma on the charges of disrupting Rachabanda programme.
The Vijayawada police had earlier booked cases against Deveneni and 10 other supporters for trying to disrupt the second phase of Rachabanda programme attended by Secondary Education Minister K Parathasarathy held at Reddygudem on Friday. The cases were booked under sections 341, 352 of the IPC.
However, when the police teams arrived at Deveneni’s residence, TDP workers gathered and resisted his arrest. Tension continued for over an hour and finally, police took Deveneni into custody and produced him before Mylavaram magistrate.
The magistrate first remanded Deveneni to judicial custody till November 31, but after hearing a bail petition moved by Deveneni’s lawyers, the magistrate granted him bail on a surety of Rs 10,000. (INN)
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers