CBI special court has posted to January 17 the petition filed by Vijay Sai Reddy seeking special status in the jail.
Reddy, who is the Vice-chairman of Jagati Publications Pvt Ltd (JPPL) V Vijay Sai Reddy was arrested by CBI in connection with alleged disproportionate assets case of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
In the petition, Sai Reddy counsel stated that he is entitled for the status of a special class under-trial prisoner under the AP Prison Rules as he is highly educated and also an Income Tax assesse having paid an income tax of over Rs 5 lakh and habituated to superior mode of living.
The CBI informed the court that Vijay Sai, also the financial advisor of Jagan, was kingpin behind the conspiracy in accommodating the ill-gotten money by floating fictitious firms.
The probing agency in its FIR against Jagan and 73 others including Vijay Sai alleged that various investors who are beneficiaries of public properties, invested in the companies promoted by Jagan at very high premium as a quid-pro-quo to the favours doled out by the former chief minister YS Rajasekhar Reddy. (INN)
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections
- Ad : 123telugu.com looking for Web Developers
- Ad : 123telugu.com is looking for Content Writers