The Telangana Rashtra Samithi on Saturday announced that it would withdraw from the by-elections in Telangana region if Telugu Desam Party president writes a letter to the Centre extending support for the Telangana Bill in Parliament.
Talking to reporters at Telangana Bhavan here on Saturday, TRS MLA K Tarakarama Rao said that the TRS would not contest the by-elections, if Naidu supports the demand for separate Telangana. He said Naidu should write a letter to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh that his MPs would support the Telangana Bill, if introduced in Parliament.
Tarakarama Rao said that his party would not gain anything even if it wins all six seats in the Telangana region where by-polls were scheduled to be held on March 18. “Our party’s main objective is Telangana and not increasing our strength in the State Legislative Assembly,” he said.
The TRS leader said that the Congress and TDP could distribute the seats among themselves, but first they should give a firm commitment on Telangana. Else, he said both the parties should not criticise the TRS for its statehood movement. He also said TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao was ready for an open debate on Telangana with Chandrababu Naidu. (INN)
Articles that might interest you:
- How Alia Bhatt lost out on Coolie No.1 remake due to RRR
- జగన్ పై ఉన్న అనుమానాలు.. మరో రెండు రోజుల్లో తొలగిపోతాయి..!
- విష ప్రచారమా..ట్విట్టర్లో పవన్ ఇచ్చిన ఘాటు రిప్లై చూడండి.!
- చంద్రబాబు & కో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగ్: లగడపాటి, అను”కుల” మీడియా హెడ్ తో సీక్రెట్ మీటింగా..?
- వైఎస్ జగన్ పై సంచలన వ్యాఖ్యలు చేసిన జేసీ బ్రదర్..!
- Saakshyam 10 days box office collections