Nandini Reddy’s debut film Ala Modalaindhi, one of the sleeper hits of 2011, gave a big boost to the careers of Nani, Nithya Menen and Nandini Reddy. Soon after the release of that film, a Tamil production house bought the remake rights and for the past two years, there was no news about who’s going to star in the Tamil remake. Finally, the film is all set to go on floors this summer.
Gautham Karthik, who was last seen in Mani Ratnam’s Kadali, has been roped in to reprise Nani’s role in the Tamil version and the heroine in the film is yet to be finalized. Ravi Thyagarajan, a former associate of Priyadarshan, is going to direct the film and it’ll be produced by Ravi Prasad Productions. From playing a fisherman in Kadali to a lover boy in Ala Modalaindhi’s remake, it’s going to be quite a major transformation for Gautham Karthik who received good reviews in Kadali despite its lukewarm response at box office.
- Vishwaroopam 2’s audio album to be out in September
- Soundarya Rajinikanth opens up about VIP 2
- Poll : Will Sye Raa be as epic as Baahubali?
- Sundeep Kishan’s Tamil-Telugu bilingual set for Diwali release
- Interview : Dhanush- Kajol will be a treat to watch
Articles that might interest you