Nandini Reddy’s debut film Ala Modalaindhi, one of the sleeper hits of 2011, gave a big boost to the careers of Nani, Nithya Menen and Nandini Reddy. Soon after the release of that film, a Tamil production house bought the remake rights and for the past two years, there was no news about who’s going to star in the Tamil remake. Finally, the film is all set to go on floors this summer.
Gautham Karthik, who was last seen in Mani Ratnam’s Kadali, has been roped in to reprise Nani’s role in the Tamil version and the heroine in the film is yet to be finalized. Ravi Thyagarajan, a former associate of Priyadarshan, is going to direct the film and it’ll be produced by Ravi Prasad Productions. From playing a fisherman in Kadali to a lover boy in Ala Modalaindhi’s remake, it’s going to be quite a major transformation for Gautham Karthik who received good reviews in Kadali despite its lukewarm response at box office.
- Rangasthalam makers approach Cyber Crime Police against piracy
- MCA’s pre-release event gets a date
- Vote – 7th Readers Choice Awards : Popular Hero of 2017
- Solid craze for Savyasachi’s pre-release biz
- Baahubali The Conclusion to release in Japan