Released on April 29, Marathi film Sairat, which was made with a modest budget of 4 crores, became a huge blockbuster by grossing nearly 85 crores. This intense romantic drama, directed by Nagraj Manjule, made its starts Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar overnight stars in Marathi film industry.
Now, Sairat is all set to be remade in all the four major south Indian languages. Popular Kannada producer Rockline Venkatesh, who made Rajini’s Lingaa and Ravi Teja’s Power, grabbed the film’s remake rights for all the four versions. He will produce these remakes along with the Marathi producers.
Nagraj Manjule will himself direct the Telugu version. Casting process has kick-started already and all the four films will go to the sets in August.
- Vasuki gets a release date
- Young beauty’s stylish image makeover wows fans
- Amala Paul to romance Malayalam star hero
- Press Note : “Godavari all set for Detroit launch on July 22”
- Star hero confesses to taking drugs for a scene
Articles that might interest you