Chief Minister N.Kiran Kumar Reddy met a delegation of Telugu Film Producers yesterday to listen to their issues over the VAT burden being faced by the industry. The Chief Minister is said to have reacted favourably to the demands of the council at this meeting and the same was shared by members of the Producers Council today.
“CM Kiran promised to look into the issue and he has given us an assurance that VAT will be scrapped for the industry. We are facing this burden for the past many years and in no other state is this prevalent “, said council members.
The industry is reeling from issues of piracy, VAT and escalating production costs lately. We will have to wait and see if the Govt. officially announces the same.
- Stage set for Daggubatti junior’s entry
- I am not entering politics says talented actor
- Poll : Which is Pawan Kalyan’s best performance to date?
- Mersal mints good money in the US
- Disha Patani excited to shoot for Sangamithra