A criminal case was filed by a US based Sikh Group against Bollywood Badshah Amitabh Bachchan accusing him of playing a part in the infamous 1984 anti Sikh riots in that followed the assassination of Indira Gandhi. The criminal complaint was lodged with Australia’s Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions by the group ,Sikhs for Justice (SFJ).
Amitabh Bachchan is currently in Australia,shooting for a Hollywood movie, The Great Gasby, which also has Leonardo Di Caprio. There has been no official comment on the matter so far. Under Australian law, a foreigner can be prosecuted for war crimes and violence against humanity committed anywhere in the world as long as he/she is in Australia.
Legal experts say that this may be just a minor headache for Bachchan as it is highly unlikely that anything serious might come out of it.
- Mahesh, BAN’s team to visit Tirupati
- Chennai model joins Vijay Deverakonda’s NOTA
- Press Note : Nirvana Cinema Bags Another Interesting Project
- Sai-Pooja Hegde’s Saakshyam seals its release date
- Mahesh lands in Vijayawada, To Promote BAN