Aamir Khan’s Dangal has turned into a blockbuster in China and currently, it’s the highest grossing non-Hollywood film of all time in China. In fact, Aamir Khan is one of the very few Indian actors who is extremely popular in China and some of his recent films like 3 Idiots, PK and Dhoom 3 had done well in China.
Despite the stupendous success of Dangal, other Indian filmmakers and actors have found it tough to penetrate the Chinese market. This year, SS Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 and Salman Khan’s Tubelight are set for a wide release in China.
While Baahubali 2’s makers are already in talks with their Chinese distributor to get a big release, Tubelight has the advantage of having a Chinese actress Zhu Zhu as Salman Khan’s co-star and 1962 Indo-China war as a backdrop. If the success of Dangal is anything to go by, then it gives other Indian filmmakers a ray of hope to make it big in China.
- Rangasthalam’s Rajahmundry schedule wrapped up
- Star hero ready to undergo lie detection in heroine’s assault case
- Vishal Reveals His Secret Wish
- Vamshi raises expectations on Mahesh25 to a new high
- DJ crosses the 60 Cr mark in 1st weekend
Articles that might interest you