Iconic dancer and actress Jothilakshmi passed away at her Chennai residence at around 11:40 pm last night. The veteran actress was suffering from illness for the past few days. Many industry personalities extended their condolences to Jothilakshmi’s family.
Jothilakshmi acted in more than 300 movies in all the four languages down south as a dancer in item songs and even played cameos and important roles in several noted films in late 70s and 80s. She shared screen space with the likes of NTR, Krishna and even Vikram.
After getting married, Jothilakshmi bid adieu to films and took to TV serials. She recently made a public appearance at an awards function after several years.
- RGV announc details of his film with Nag
- I have a terrible success rate: Ram
- Raj Tharun’s next to be launched next week
- Vijay’s Mersal Enters Rs 100 Crores Club!
- Pellichoopulu’s Hindi Remake Set In Gujarat