Iconic dancer and actress Jothilakshmi passed away at her Chennai residence at around 11:40 pm last night. The veteran actress was suffering from illness for the past few days. Many industry personalities extended their condolences to Jothilakshmi’s family.
Jothilakshmi acted in more than 300 movies in all the four languages down south as a dancer in item songs and even played cameos and important roles in several noted films in late 70s and 80s. She shared screen space with the likes of NTR, Krishna and even Vikram.
After getting married, Jothilakshmi bid adieu to films and took to TV serials. She recently made a public appearance at an awards function after several years.
- Top producer says Netflix & Amazon are killing cinema
- Tragedy in Mahesh Babu’s family
- Married life is very good: Naga Chaitanya
- Ghazi Director Working On Yet Another Crazy Project
- Ram Charan Bonds Big Time With NTR Jr