Master director Mani Ratnam’s latest release ‘OK Bangaram’ has been doing exceptionally both in Tamil Nadu and the two Telugu states. However, the piracy menace has hit the film and high quality prints of the Tamil version, ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’, have been doing the rounds on the internet.
Yesterday, Mani Ratnam approached the Madras High Court against twelve Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and two websites against the broadcasting of the film’s pirated version and the court immediately granted an interim ban on the accused ISPs and websites.
In the petition, Mani Ratnam opined that online piracy can be curbed only by blocking the access to websites that host pirated films and that the ISPs should join hands in ending the piracy menace.
- Bhagmati’s first look gets a date
- Poll : Which of these aspects attracted you the most in DJ?
- Nara Rohit’s next postponed
- NTR hits one million on Twitter
- Watching a movie to prove costly with ticket hike
Articles that might interest you