Master director Mani Ratnam’s latest release ‘OK Bangaram’ has been doing exceptionally both in Tamil Nadu and the two Telugu states. However, the piracy menace has hit the film and high quality prints of the Tamil version, ‘O Kadhal Kanmani’, have been doing the rounds on the internet.
Yesterday, Mani Ratnam approached the Madras High Court against twelve Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and two websites against the broadcasting of the film’s pirated version and the court immediately granted an interim ban on the accused ISPs and websites.
In the petition, Mani Ratnam opined that online piracy can be curbed only by blocking the access to websites that host pirated films and that the ISPs should join hands in ending the piracy menace.
- Samantha’s double treat in May
- BAN makes a strong impact at Kerala box-office
- Rajinikanth to watch Bharat Ane Nenu?
- Vijay Devarakonda Talks About Arjun Reddy Sequel
- Balakrishna-VV Vinayak’s film confirmed for Sankranthi, 2019