In a surprise announcement, hero Manchu Manoj revealed that he has composed music for the just released Hollywood film, Basmati Blues. Manoj said that he has teamed up with his good friend and noted music director Achu Rajamani and the popular American rock band, Pearl Jam, on his debut stint.
Basmati Blues stars Oscar winning actress Brie Larson in the lead role, while Manoj’s sister Lakshmi Manchu plays a key role. The film has released across America on February 9. Basmati Blues is a romantic musical comedy and it has been directed by Dan Baron and produced by Monique Soros and Jeffrey Dorchen.
On the other hand, Manchu Manoj’s next film is in pre-production. This as-yet-untitled movie will be directed by a debutant and it will go on floors in May.
#BamsatiBlues is out in theatres and I am super excited to share this with you all! This is big as it happens to be my first movie as Music Director with @achurajamani and the great @PearlJam! 😍😍 Extra special indeed! ❤ pic.twitter.com/TJi8RkilBu
— Manoj Kumar Manchu❤️ (@HeroManoj1) February 9, 2018
- Senior hero’s younger son’s acting debut with a trilingual film
- Poll : Who among these two is a better actor?
- Indian Cinema is not all about song and dance: Karan Johar
- Raj Tarun-Ravi Babu-Vyjayanthi’s film to be revived?
- Fate of March releases to be decided on Feb 23