Nandi Awards, the reputed state government awards for Telugu film, TV and theatre in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh, is all set to become Simha in the newly formed Telangana state, if the latest reports are to be believed.
An expert committee comprising of exponents in film and TV was set up by Telangana CM KCR, who had asked them to come up with the right name for the state government awards and they have finally come up with Simha in lieu of Nandi Awards.
Even though the news is not made official yet, KCR will reportedly make an official announcement soon.
- Reputed channel bags Jai Lava Kusa’s satellite rights?
- Indians are lucky: Kamal on Dadasaheb for K Viswanath
- Give dignified roles to your heroines: Jyo’s request to filmmakers
- Revolutionary poet turns lyricist for a Telugu film
- Actors, filmmakers support state bandh on 25th
Articles that might interest you