Revolutionary film maker R. Narayana Murthy has been working for a film that revolves around the agitation against the Thermal Power Plant project near Sompeta in Srikakulam district. The movie was titled ‘People’s War’ earlier but the movie has now been renamed as ‘Ammakaniki Andhra Pradesh’.
Narayana Murthy toured the affected areas and interacted with the villagers who were opposing the project before beginning production of the film. Narayana Murthy was deeply inspired by this movement. “Somepeta is witnessing one of the greatest people’s struggle in the history of independent India”, he said.
- Talented hero replaces Sunil in Sathuranga Vettai’s remake?
- Arjun Reddy’s Tamil remake gets a launch date
- Vikram-Samantha’s 10 gets a huge release in Nizam
- Dhanush to turn director again with a period film
- Anupama Parameswaran reveals her favorite drink