This Friday will see the release of two Tamil films dubbed into Telugu. While the Suriya and Amala Paul-starrer children’s film, Memu, will finally get its release on the 18th of this month, Vishal’s Pongal film, Kathakali, will also release on the same date. Memu has been awaiting its release since December last year, while Kathakali was supposed to have a simultaneous release in Telugu. Both these films were decent hits in Tamil.
Interestingly, the director of both these films is Pandiraj, who earlier won two national awards for his 2009 film, Pasanga. While it is quite common for actors to see their films releasing on the same date, it is indeed a rare feat for a director.
The talented director is well known for his sensible movies as well commercial entertainers. Pandiraj is currently directing the Simbu, Nayanthara and Adah Sharma-starrer Idhu Namma Aalu.
- Puri’s makeover to Balayya impresses all
- Visuals to be highlight of Gautam Nanda
- Interview : Catherine Tresa – I always like playing arrogant roles
- Paisa Vasool’s trailer gets a launch date
- Tej-Vinayak film gets a launch date
Articles that might interest you