Rajamouli-Ram Charan’s blockbuster socio-fantasy magnum opus, Magadheera, became an industry hit in 2009. A couple of weeks ago, Magadheera’s Japanese version released across the Land of Rising Sun and turned out to be a massive hit.
Last night, Charan, who is currently shooting for RC12 in Azerbaijan, took to Facebook and thanked all the Japanese fans for showering so much love on Magadheera. “Thank you Japan..Feel really blessed and humbled with all the love showered upon us. This will always remain close to my heart. A big thank you to Rajamouli garu for this memorable film. Can’t believe it’s been 10 years already,” Charan wrote in his Facebook post.
Magadheera’s Japanese version has so far collected $2.45 million (Rs 17.47 Cr) in its 10-day theatrical run. The film has now set its eyes on the all-time highest grossing Indian film in Japan record set by Super Star Rajinikanth’s Muthu (¥400M or $3.08M).
- Prabhudeva, Tamannaah starrer Devi sequel goes on floors
- Here’s the much-awaited update on Vijay’s Sarkar
- Talented Telugu actor grabs Mani Ratnam’s next
- Poll : Who among these will win Bigg Boss 2?
- Savyasachi’s shoot to be wrapped up soon