NGK is all set for a release this Friday and on this occasion, we caught up with Suriya for a detailed interview. Here is the transcript.
What is NGK all about?
NGK is a political thriller which has been narrated in a realistic manner. The film is about the story of how a normal guy takes on the system which has many flaws. How he manages to bring a change facing big hurdles is the entire story of the film.
Working experience with Selva Raghavan?
Selva is a superb director who has clarity on many aspects of film making. He has worked for three years on this script and narrated the film in a very gripping manner. Every scene is very special and has its own charm. He brought out the best in me after a long time.
About Sai Pallavi and Rakul Preet Singh?
Rakul has impressed me a lot and has tried something new with this film. Everyone will like her daring role in the film. Coming to Sai Pallavi, she plays a crucial role and her performance will be one of the highlights in the film.
Being a political thriller, how did this film get clean ‘U’?
Even though the backdrop is political, the director has narrated the film in an entertaining format. There will be humor, romance, fights without crossing the boundaries. So, we have got a clean U and I feel that this film will attract all sections of the audience.
Are you doing Yatra 2?
Even I have heard this rumor which is not true. I have a good association with Jagan garu and felt happy when he won the elections. Coming to the movie, no one has approached me for Yatra 2 as of now.
My film with Shiva will go on the floors soon. Apart from this, I will sign two more movies in the coming days.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interview : Havish- ‘7’ is a unique thriller which will impress many
- Interview : Viswak Sen- Falaknuma Das will be a rage for sure
- Interview : Rakul Preet Singh – I’m playing a strong and ambitious role in NGK
- Interview: Bellamkonda Sreenivas- Sita will prove my worth as an actor
- Interview: Madhura Sreedhar- I want to be the Karan Johar of Telugu cinema
- Interview : Kajal Aggarwal – I have given blood, soul and tears for Sita