Released last year, Rajinikanth-Shankar’s 3D visual extravaganza, 2.0, went on to become one of the top grossers in the Tamil film industry. The film’s Chinese release was scheduled for July 12. Leading Chinese film distribution house HY Media was supposed to release the film in over 60,000 screens across Mainland China.
However, as per the latest updates, HY Media is said to have dropped the plans to release 2.0 in China. Apparently, HY Media has lost heavily on Bollywood film Padman’s Chinese release and it didn’t want to risk losing more money on 2.0, which may face a huge competition from The Lion King, which is releasing on July 19.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nithin-Yeleti film’s title and first look is quite intriguing
- Amid controversies, Kangana resumes Jayalalithaa biopic Thalaivi’s shooting
- Shahrukh Khan to be questioned by NCB in drug scandal?
- Rana teams up with star heroine for a Netflix series
- Allu family launch a film studio on Allu Ramalingaiah’s birth anniversary
- Samantha surprises Tollywood colleagues with Saaki hampers