The stage is all set for a grand release of Yatra, a semi biographical film on former Chief Minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh YS Rajasekhara Reddy. The film is hitting screens on February 8 amid a positive buzz.
Meanwhile, there have been several comparisons between Yatra and the NTR biopic for quite some time and this led to a cold war of sorts between the admirers of YSR and NT Rama Rao. With just a couple of days left for the film’s release, Yatra’s director Mahi V Raghav has sent out an important message in an appeal to the fans of YSR and NTR.
Saying that helming a film on his idol YSR’s legacy is an honor, Mahi urged YSR’s fans to ‘not quantify or make the film a race, but let it be a celebration to rejoice and cherish his journey’. Mahi went on to describe YSR and NTR as the sons of this soil and proud Telugu legends who left behind a glorious legacy.
“Let our difference of opinion and disagreements not be a reason for disrespecting them. Let us have our diverse opinions and admiration and celebrate our idols. That will be our tribute to them,” said the director.
Articles that might interest you:
- I owe NTR a super hit: Harish Shankar
- Prabhas to launch first look of Modi biopic
- Now, Mahesh Babu to star in a pan-India film?
- Harish Shankar explains why he chose Valmiki title
- Bollywood actress opens up about her casting couch experiences
- Pooja Hegde, a big surprise in Valmiki?