Ever since the teasers of Mahesh Babu’s Spyder went on air, there has been a lot of speculation about the film’s story and the theme. While it’s evident that the film will focus on the cat-and-mouse chase between the characters portrayed by Mahesh Babu and SJ Suryah, AR Murugadoss says that the film is about humanity.
In a recent interview to a Chennai-based newspaper, he said, “Spyder is about the importance of being humane. I think we’ve become insensitive in general and less empathetic. When we witness an accident, we simply move on, or wait to see if someone else helps. We don’t seem ready to offer assistance to anyone. Some in fact take pictures and upload on social media. True empathy is in realising that other people are like you, and they too aspire for security, safety, comfort, and happiness. Spyder is a bit about all this.”
The film starring Mahesh Babu, Rakul Preet and SJ Suryah is slated for release on September 27.
- It’s terrifying to dance alongside Prabhudeva : Amyra Dastur
- Yatra makers in search of YS Jagan
- Pawan Kalyan all set for his comeback film?
- Nayanthara’s Tamil thriller to release in Telugu
- Sai Dharam Tej’s Chitralahari commences its shoot