Ever since the teasers of Mahesh Babu’s Spyder went on air, there has been a lot of speculation about the film’s story and the theme. While it’s evident that the film will focus on the cat-and-mouse chase between the characters portrayed by Mahesh Babu and SJ Suryah, AR Murugadoss says that the film is about humanity.
In a recent interview to a Chennai-based newspaper, he said, “Spyder is about the importance of being humane. I think we’ve become insensitive in general and less empathetic. When we witness an accident, we simply move on, or wait to see if someone else helps. We don’t seem ready to offer assistance to anyone. Some in fact take pictures and upload on social media. True empathy is in realising that other people are like you, and they too aspire for security, safety, comfort, and happiness. Spyder is a bit about all this.”
The film starring Mahesh Babu, Rakul Preet and SJ Suryah is slated for release on September 27.
- Chay to play a cricketer in his next
- Madras High Court comes to Trisha’s rescue
- Kiara Advani treats herself to an authentic Hyderabadi experience
- Blessed to have Chiru uncle’s features: Sai Dharam Tej
- NTR to grace Dhee 10 grand finale