Edging past notable Bollywood biggies like Padmaavat, Pad Man and Raazi, a micro budgeted Assamese indie film, titled Village Rockstars, has been chosen as India’s official entry at the Oscars 2019. Village Rockstars will compete for the Best Foreign Language Movie honor at the 91st Academy Awards which will be held early next year.
Village Rockstars marks the directorial debut of a young, self-taught Assamese filmmaker named Rima Das. The film, starring Rima Das’ niece Banita Das as the main protagonist, showcases a 10-year-old girl’s dream to form her own music band and own a guitar. The film was honored with the Best Film award at the National Film Awards earlier this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- FDFS : Highlights from Bheeshma
- Mahesh turns emotional on Vijaya Nirmala’s birth anniversary
- Bollywood starlet in talks for Mega hero’s film?
- Prabhas’s clear cut instructions to his director
- Vijay Devarakonda’s tough times continue-Karan Johar takes a key decision?
- Juicy info about Allu Arjun’s role in Sukumar’s next