Edging past notable Bollywood biggies like Padmaavat, Pad Man and Raazi, a micro budgeted Assamese indie film, titled Village Rockstars, has been chosen as India’s official entry at the Oscars 2019. Village Rockstars will compete for the Best Foreign Language Movie honor at the 91st Academy Awards which will be held early next year.
Village Rockstars marks the directorial debut of a young, self-taught Assamese filmmaker named Rima Das. The film, starring Rima Das’ niece Banita Das as the main protagonist, showcases a 10-year-old girl’s dream to form her own music band and own a guitar. The film was honored with the Best Film award at the National Film Awards earlier this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sonal Chauhan in star hero’s next?
- Nagarjuna thanks YS Jagan for his assurance
- Sai Dharam Tej’s Republic locks its world television premiere date
- Noted Telugu actor approached for Bigg Boss OTT
- RRR content crosses a massive 750 million views
- Bangarraju gave a new lease of confidence – Chay Akkineni