It’s well known that Pawan Kalyan-Trivikram’s 2013 blockbuster, Atharintiki Dharedhi, is remade in Tamil as Vantha Rajavaathaan Varuven. Young Tamil star Simbu reprised Pawan’s role, while Catherine Tresa and Megha Akash are the female leads in the film.
Today, Vantha Rajavaathaan Varuven had a grand opening across Tamil Nadu. While STR fans lapped up the film big-time, critics and common audiences gave a mixed response to the film. However, with no major films in competition, VRV should do well at the box-offices over the weekend.
Sundar C has directed Vantha Rajavaathaan Varuven and Lyca Productions has bankrolled it. Dhruva and KAY fame Hiphop Tamizha is the film’s music composer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Samantha and Rashmika to play sisters?
- Sukumar launches Kanabadutaledu’s teaser
- Zombie Reddy, the first Telugu zombie thriller
- Star hero to reprise Ram Charan’s role in Rangasthalam’s Tamil remake?
- Indian 2 accident: Kamal, Shankar and Lyca handover Rs 3 crore
- COVID-19 scare after young hero’s wedding?