Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the popular Bollywood director who recently won the national award for Best Director for Bajirao Mastani, refuted the ongoing rumours about him helming the Bollywood remake of SS Rajamouli’s blockbuster magnum opus, Magadheera.
“No such film is being made. The report is completely untrue. Sanjay Leela Bhansali is not remaking ‘Magadheera’ or directing any other remake for that matter. The news is completely baseless,” Bhansali’s spokesperson said in an official release.
Released in 2009, Magadheera, starring Ram Charan and Kajal Aggarwal, recreated the box-office records in Telugu. Ever since, the Hindi remake was in news constantly with names of stars like Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh splashing as a replacement of Ram Charan.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shankar pens a heartfelt message for Indian 2 accident victims
- Venky Kudumula to direct star mega hero?
- Fresh update on Most Eligible Bachelor
- Is Sai Dharam Tej committing another blunder?
- Poll : Which is your favorite Samantha performance to date?
- This star heroine confirmed for Pawan-Krish film