For the last few years, Bollywood hero Akshay Kumar has been churning out a series of movies that are filled with social consciousness and patriotic fervor. He has even earned the credibility of a nationalist among the masses.
Not many are aware of the fact that Akshay holds a Canadian passport. And recently, Akshay’s mysterious absence from voting in the general elections gave rise to an intense debate about his citizenship. To put an end to the controversies, Akshay took to Twitter this morning and made it official that he indeed holds a Canadian passport and that he has never hidden that fact. Akshay also clarified that he has never visited Canada in the past 7 years.
Expressing disappointment over the controversy, the Kesari star further said that he works in India, and pays all his taxes in India and he has never needed to prove his love for India to anyone. He concluded saying that he will continue contributing to the causes that he believes make India stronger.
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) May 3, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Struggling actress enters politics
- Rashmika signs yet another exciting project in Tollywood
- Poll : What did you think of Miss India’s trailer?
- Suriya’s Aakaasam Nee Haddhu Raa slated for festive release
- Review : Colour Photo – Only for a few emotions
- Poll : According to you, which director should Vijay Deverakonda work with?