Well-known filmmaker, producer, and talk show host Karan Johar is known for his family films and romance dramas. However, he is venturing into the horror genre now, and the first person who he sought help from for a major feature of the film is none other than Ram Gopal Varma.
Titled Bhoot — Part One: The Haunted Ship, the film is directed by debutant Bhanu Pratap Singh and will have Karan Johar produce it.
It is well-known that the title Bhoot is of a famous RGV film in the early 2000s and so, Karan, who was very keen on the title. Karan apparently reached out to RGV who didn’t think twice about letting go of the title that is dear to him. Interestingly, the duo is known not to get along too well and have taken digs at each other in the past!
Speaking publicly, Karan said, “I made an unreasonable request to Ramu, asking him for his franchise title Bhoot and he graciously and magnanimously agreed to give it to us without even blinking an eyelid. All of us at Dharma are blown away by his generosity and are eternally grateful to him. We aspire to make sure the title is in the right hands of horror.”
Bhoot that releases on November 15, 2019 stars Vicky Kaushal as the lead.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : According to you, when will RRR resume it’s shooting?
- Legendary singer P Susheela turns emotional on SP Balasubrahmanyam’s demise
- When Ramoji Rao personally received SP Balasubrahmanyam at airport
- SP Balasubrahmanyam’s last song for Super Star
- Fans not allowed to attend SPB’s funeral
- Tamannaah honored to reprise Tabu in Andhadhun remake