‘Balupu’ became the latest film to be targeted by a religious/social community with the ‘manobhavaalu debbathinnay’ complaint. Brahmnin Organizations submitted a formal complaint to the Censor Board and the Film Chamber.
Mr. Dronamraju Ravikumar, representative of the A.P. Brahmana Seva Sangha Samakhya, alleged that the trailer of ‘Balupu’ contained derogatory remarks against Brahmins. “There are some derogatory visuals in the trailer of Balupu against the Brahmin community. Since the movie has not been censored yet, we have decided to submit a formal complaint against the film so that the censor board can take necessary action. Such films have come out before and hurt our sentiments. So we are taking this precautionary step”, he said.
The representatives of brahmin organizations demanded the removal of trailers from all T.V.channels. Meanwhile, the production team has not responded to the allegations so far. ‘Balupu’ is gearing up for a release on the 28th of this month, so we will have to wait and see how this goes. Ravi Teja and Shruti Haasan will be seen as the lead pair in this movie. Gopichand Malineni is the director and the film has been produced on PVP Cinema banner.
- Big update: Date and time locked for Sye Raa’s teaser
- Aravindha Sametha’s teaser: A complete mass treat for fans
- Intriguing concept poster for Ravi Teja’s AAA raises curiosity
- Title for Varun Tej’s space thriller announced with a terrific poster
- Poll : What did you think of Aravindha Sametha’s teaser?