During his election campaign in Bheemavaram a couple of days ago, film star turned politician Pawan Kalyan had made a few inflammatory statements on Telangana that became highly controversial. Pawan alleged that KCR has divided the unity among Telugus and that several Andhra people were beaten up in Telangana. Pawan went on to question, “is this Telangana or Pakistan?”
Taking offense to Pawan’s statements, the Telangana Advocates’ Joint Action Committee has filed a case against him with the Jubilee Hills Police. The JAC has alleged that Pawan Kalyan is instigating regional differences among Telugus for his political gains. On the other hand, Pawan’s statements have also come under the Election Commission’s scanner.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sitara clicks a beautiful picture of Mahesh and Namrata
- Bigg Boss 4: Twist in the end; Dethadi Harika not eliminated
- Young South actor to land a key role in Prabhas’ Adipurush
- This upcoming anthology film to get an OTT release?
- Andrea Jeremiah bags an interesting project
- Niharika hits the gym with her brother’s heroine