Adirindhi, the Telugu version of Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal, was supposed to hit the screens on October 18 along with the Tamil version. However, the film’s release has been postponed in the last minute due to delay in censor and there has been no official update on Adirindhi’s release until now.
This gave rise to several rumors that the CBFC is intentionally delaying Adirindhi’s censor at the behest of the BJP. In his response to the entire controversy and criticism, CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi said that Adirindhi’s delay has been ‘unnecessarily sensationalized’.
Prasoon further explained that the process for a film post application takes 68 days to complete for the issuance of a certificate. He went on to say that the CBFC officials are trying to complete the censor formalities as early as possible.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pre-production of Mahesh-Trivikram film in full swing
- Samantha on a crazy mission in The Famil Man 2
- Prabhas-Nag Ashwin project pushed to 2022
- Krithi Shetty clarifies about her future projects
- Telangana government extends lockdown till 30th May
- Tough times ahead for India’s hero Sonu Sood