Adirindhi, the Telugu version of Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal, was supposed to hit the screens on October 18 along with the Tamil version. However, the film’s release has been postponed in the last minute due to delay in censor and there has been no official update on Adirindhi’s release until now.
This gave rise to several rumors that the CBFC is intentionally delaying Adirindhi’s censor at the behest of the BJP. In his response to the entire controversy and criticism, CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi said that Adirindhi’s delay has been ‘unnecessarily sensationalized’.
Prasoon further explained that the process for a film post application takes 68 days to complete for the issuance of a certificate. He went on to say that the CBFC officials are trying to complete the censor formalities as early as possible.
- Sudheer Babu is proud of Nannu Dochukunduvate
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu