Adirindhi, the Telugu version of Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal, was supposed to hit the screens on October 18 along with the Tamil version. However, the film’s release has been postponed in the last minute due to delay in censor and there has been no official update on Adirindhi’s release until now.
This gave rise to several rumors that the CBFC is intentionally delaying Adirindhi’s censor at the behest of the BJP. In his response to the entire controversy and criticism, CBFC chief Prasoon Joshi said that Adirindhi’s delay has been ‘unnecessarily sensationalized’.
Prasoon further explained that the process for a film post application takes 68 days to complete for the issuance of a certificate. He went on to say that the CBFC officials are trying to complete the censor formalities as early as possible.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star hero’s voice over in Acharya teaser
- Nuvvunte Naa Jathaga’s emotional trailer impresses
- Lavanya Tripathi attempting versatile roles
- Poll : Which aspect of Acharya’s teaser are you waiting for?
- Keerthy Suresh thrilled to act in her father’s film
- Revealed- Acharya’s teaser to be out on this date