Actress Malavika Raaj, who was seen as child Kareena Kapoor in the yesteryear Bollywood classic hit, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, nearly 16 years ago, is turning heroine in Tollywood with Jayanth C Paranjee’s Jayadev.
After winning the Miss Asia Super Model title in 2002, stepping into movies was a natural progression for Malavika, who hails from a film family. Apparently, she was supposed to work with Jayanth for a Kannada film a couple of years ago, but that project didn’t materialize and when Jayanth offered her Jayadev, she immediately accepted it.
Jayadev, which also introduces AP minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao’s son Ganta Ravi as a hero, is slated to release on June 9.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shocker: 40-year-old Telugu film finally gets a release date
- Sita Ramam’s latest US collections are here
- Nani’s Dasara to finally resume shoot
- Karthikeya 2’s official OTT partner is here
- Pawan Kalyan resumes his political commitments
- Noted channel bags Dhamaka’s satellite rights