Rana Daggubati’s menacing act as the evil king Bhallaladeva in the 2-part Baahubali franchise has earned him nationwide acclaim. However, you may be surprised to know that Rana was not the initial choice for the role.
In a conversation with the students of the Dr. GRD College of Arts and Science in Coimbatore recently, Rana revealed that Baahubali makers had initially thought of casting the Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa as Bhallaladeva. Jason is popular among GoT lovers as Khal Drogo.
“It just sounded so nice that I was supposed to play the role Khal Drogo was to play. I told the film’s producer Shobhu Yarlaggada, ‘I ‘m Khal Drogo’s replacement. That’s a cool start. Let’s do it'”, Rana told the students.
Articles that might interest you:
- Noted production house to bankroll Shraddha Kapoor’s next?
- Ram’s RED votes for a digital release
- Striking poster released to celebrate Venkatesh’s 34 years in TFI
- Keerthy Suresh’s Miss India to see the daylight soon
- Mahesh Babu’s special plans before doing Rajamouli film
- Tollywood producers give up- All set for big OTT releases