A couple of days ago, Superstar Mahesh Babu and his AMB Cinemas made headlines for wrong reasons. The GST Commissionerate in Hyderabad reportedly served a show cause notice to AMB Cinemas over an alleged violation of GST guidelines by not reducing the ticket rates at the multiplex.
Now, within two days, Mahesh and AMB Cinemas’ gesture has been appreciated by the GST Commissionerate. Apparently, Mahesh and his AMB Cinemas’ partner Sunil Narang have given additional profit of Rs 35.66 lakhs that has been collected as GST on ticket rates at AMB Cinemas to the ‘Consumer Welfare Fund of India’.
The GST Commissionerate issued a statement, appreciating Mahesh and Sunil Narang for being the first multiplex management in the entire country to return the additional GST.
Articles that might interest you:
- Happy that Chiru sir’s long-cherished wish is fulfilled by Charan: Rajamouli
- Bigg Boss has special plans for Rahul Sipligunj’s re-entry
- Koratala Siva to break the sentiment for his next?
- PK yells at guards for stopping fan
- Amar Chitra Katha to release a comic on Sye Raa
- Sai Madhav Burra’s Chiru moment