It looks like Nayanthara’s upcoming mystery thriller, Kolaiyuthir Kaalam, will have a tough time with its theatrical release. The film is scheduled to hit screens on June 14. However, the Madras High Court has issued an interim injunction against the film’s release until June 22.
Going into the details, Kolaiyuthir Kaalam is allegedly inspired from legendary Tamil novelist and screenwriter Sujatha’s popular novel. A Tamil filmmaker named Balaji Kumar has moved the High Court recently, claiming that he possesses the rights to adapt Sujatha’s novel into a film and that he had even paid Rs 10 lakhs to Sujatha’s wife to acquire the rights.
After hearing Balaji’s plea, the Madras High Court has issued an injunction and asked the film’s makers to respond on the 21st of June. Kolaiyuthir Kaalam is directed by Chakri Toleti. Etcetera Entertainment banner has bankrolled the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shah Rukh’s son debuts in movies, but not as an actor
- Will this buzz on Pawan’s Tollywood comeback turn true?
- Kiara reveals how acting with Mahesh, Charan helped her in South
- 100% Love actress returns to Tollywood
- Box Office : Report for the week ending 16-06-2019
- Speculations about Dhruv Vikram’s second film put to rest