Music maestro Ilayaraja is one of the most richly decorated and acclaimed musicians in south India. However, Ilayaraja feels that he is not getting enough recognition! The renowned music director himself made these comments during a press interaction today.
Ilayaraja won a National Award for best background score for the film “Tharai Thappattai”. The music maestro did not attend the award ceremony to receive his awards and rejected his nomination. ” I am not getting enough recognition for my work. Since 2010, I have received only one National Award. What is the need to split the music category in National Awards into two? Why have I been given for background score and not for best music. There should only be one category”, said Ilayaraja.
With such a senior and well respected personality making these comments, what can we say?
Articles that might interest you:
- Sai Pallavi teams up with acclaimed director for Netflix series
- After Khaidi, Karthi borrows another Chiru film’s title
- Ala Vaikunthapuramlo to be a visual feast
- Venkatesh to go retro in Venky Mama’s new song
- Noted Kannada heroine to romance mega Alludu
- Makers of George Reddy arrange special premieres