The entire Tamil film industry has come to a halt as it’s celebrating #Ilayaraja75, a grand 2-day event to commemorate the 75 glorious years of the legendary music composer. Yesterday, Ilayaraja’s former disciple and Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman was one of the special guests at #Ilayaraja75.
During the event, Rahman was all praise for his guru. “Ilayaraja was like my headmaster. I had learnt a lot from him. I couldn’t believe that people like him exist, when I saw him for the first time. Whenever I win an award, it’s my guru’s appreciation that makes me more happy,” said Rahman.
Enthralling hundreds of guests, Rahman also played Ilayaraja’s Punnagai Mannan’s theme music on a keyboard, with Ilayaraja standing next to him and cheering for him.
Articles that might interest you:
- Photo Moment: Chiru and Charan look dapper in Father’s Day picture
- Title teaser for Mahesh Babu’s nephew Ashok Galla’s debut film soon
- Nithiin’s Maestro wraps up shoot
- Pawan Kalyan to croon a folk song in Ayyappanum Koshiyum remake?
- Never seen such a big fan army: Radhe Shyam’s composer hails Prabhas’ fans
- Ek Mini Katha’s hero in talks for Chiru’s daughter’s debut production?