Yesterday, star Tamil hero Vishal’s office in Vadapalani, Chennai, was raided by the city’s Income Tax officials. However, a section of media got a wrong tip-off and published stories saying that Vishal’s office was raided by the GST Intelligence officials.
Naturally, this misleading reportage had led to a huge controversy on social media throughout the evening. Fans of Vishal and Vijay condemned the authorities for unnecessarily targeting Vishal for his rebuking statement against the Tamil Nadu BJP leader H Raja, who openly stated that he had watched the pirated copy of Mersal.
On the other hand, BJP sympathizers criticized media’s overenthusiasm in publishing wrong news without fact-checking. Some even went on to allege that Vishal had planted a fake raid to gain free publicity out of the Mersal controversy.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : iSmart Shankar – Ram’s Massy treat
- Telugu Review : The Lion King
- People are going crazy watching iSmart Shankar: Puri Jagannadh
- Teja opens up about his future projects
- Tamannah’s next gets an interesting title
- Has Karthikeya bagged a biggie?