Yesterday, star Tamil hero Vishal’s office in Vadapalani, Chennai, was raided by the city’s Income Tax officials. However, a section of media got a wrong tip-off and published stories saying that Vishal’s office was raided by the GST Intelligence officials.
Naturally, this misleading reportage had led to a huge controversy on social media throughout the evening. Fans of Vishal and Vijay condemned the authorities for unnecessarily targeting Vishal for his rebuking statement against the Tamil Nadu BJP leader H Raja, who openly stated that he had watched the pirated copy of Mersal.
On the other hand, BJP sympathizers criticized media’s overenthusiasm in publishing wrong news without fact-checking. Some even went on to allege that Vishal had planted a fake raid to gain free publicity out of the Mersal controversy.
- Taxiwaala’s US premiere collections
- Dil Raju launches Nandita Sweta’s Akshara
- Ram vows to satisfy his fans with his next film
- Taxiwaala off to a good start in the Telugu states
- Ram Charan appreciates Taxiwaala