Yesterday, star Tamil hero Vishal’s office in Vadapalani, Chennai, was raided by the city’s Income Tax officials. However, a section of media got a wrong tip-off and published stories saying that Vishal’s office was raided by the GST Intelligence officials.
Naturally, this misleading reportage had led to a huge controversy on social media throughout the evening. Fans of Vishal and Vijay condemned the authorities for unnecessarily targeting Vishal for his rebuking statement against the Tamil Nadu BJP leader H Raja, who openly stated that he had watched the pirated copy of Mersal.
On the other hand, BJP sympathizers criticized media’s overenthusiasm in publishing wrong news without fact-checking. Some even went on to allege that Vishal had planted a fake raid to gain free publicity out of the Mersal controversy.
- Theft at Mohan Babu’s residence
- Nani-Vikram Kumar film’s title gets a launch date
- Mithai director releases letter accepting film’s failure
- Rakul Preet to romance Nagarjuna?
- NTR Mahanayakudu’s Day 1 AP & TG Collections; Dismal start