Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who is all set to step into active politics very soon, today apologized for hastily supporting PM Narendra Modi’s demonetization. Kamal tendered a public apology in his latest column in a popular Tamil weekly.
“If the PM accepts his mistake, my salaam awaits him,” Kamal said, further adding, “accepting mistakes and rectifying them is a sign of statesmanship”. These statements by the stalwart actor have kicked off an intense debate on social media.
Soon after Modi announced the ban of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 currency notes on November 8 last year, Kamal praised Modi’s move and tweeted, “Salute Mr. Modi. This move has to be celebrated across political party lines. Most importantly by earnest tax payers”.
Articles that might interest you:
- I can proudly say that Varudu Kavalenu has come out superbly: Naga Shaurya
- Thaman watches Vakeel Saab at 37,000 ft; Gives a big update on BGM
- Watch : Naga Chaitanya – Sai Pallavi’s Love Story is streaming now on AHA
- Chay’s new look from Bangarraju goes viral
- After Samantha, Tamannah to sue a TV channel?
- Radhe Shyam teaser: Director Radha pens a thank you tweet for his team