Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who is all set to step into active politics very soon, today apologized for hastily supporting PM Narendra Modi’s demonetization. Kamal tendered a public apology in his latest column in a popular Tamil weekly.
“If the PM accepts his mistake, my salaam awaits him,” Kamal said, further adding, “accepting mistakes and rectifying them is a sign of statesmanship”. These statements by the stalwart actor have kicked off an intense debate on social media.
Soon after Modi announced the ban of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 currency notes on November 8 last year, Kamal praised Modi’s move and tweeted, “Salute Mr. Modi. This move has to be celebrated across political party lines. Most importantly by earnest tax payers”.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ayyapaum Koshiyum remake to start shoot from this date
- Prabhas’ swanky gifts to his team become a hot topic
- Ram’s RED’s day 1 collections: Registers a solid opening
- Viral – Pan India stars strike a pose
- Red and Alludu Adhurs’ day one Nizam collections
- 14th Jan- Master and Krack’s Nizam collections