Stalwart actor Kamal Haasan’s political party Makkal Needhi Maiam couldn’t win any seat in the Tamil Nadu Lok Sabha elections. However, the party’s impressive performance, especially in the urban areas including Chennai, has impressed political analysts and gave a lot of boost to the party’s sympathizers.
In a media interaction at his party office today, Kamal expressed satisfaction over MNM’s debut performance. Kamal said that people have embraced his 14-month-old baby (MNM) better than the party’s expectations. He said that MNM could’ve performed even better if there was more time.
Makkal Needhi Maiam contested all the 38 constituencies in Tamil Nadu and registered 3.72% vote share. What’s impressive is that the party came third after the DMK and AIADMK in at least 14 constituencies.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star comedian’s crucial role in Gopichand’s next
- Amala Paul goes bold in Aadai’s teaser
- Akshara’s teaser gets a date
- First Rank Raju censored; All set for June 21st release
- Poll : Did Keerthy Suresh’s weight loss impress you?
- Mahesh to join his next from this date