Kamal Haasan has stirred a major controversy on the national front, when he remarked that the first terrorist in independent India was a Hindu and his name is Nathuram Godse. He made these statements while addressing an election campaign at Aravakurichi in Tamil Nadu, where a by-poll is going to be held on May 19.
Addressing the crowd, Kamal Haasan said, “I am not saying this because this is a Muslim-dominated area, but I am saying this before a statue of Gandhi. Free India’s first terrorist was a Hindu, his name is Nathuram Godse. There it terrorism starts.” His comments, especially in the wake of the ongoing fight between leading political parties on several issues ranging from terrorism to religious extremism, have snowballed into a major controversy.
Several BJP leaders and their supporters have criticised Kamal Haasan for his remarks and stated that he’s an opportunist who’s instigating the people during the elections. Now, it remains to be seen if Kamal Haasan lands in more trouble because of his comments.
Articles that might interest you:
- Lockdown Review : Metro Kathalu – Telugu film on AHA
- Allu Arjun promotes ‘Buy Indian’ campaign
- Exclusive Interview : Suma- Positive attitude has kept me going all these years
- Lockdown Review : RGV’s Thriller- Telugu film on Shreays ET
- Good Luck Sakhi’s teaser: A chirpy tribal girl’s rise to national glory
- Review : Johaar – Telugu film on AHA