Kamal Haasan landed in major trouble for his recent statements on the Pulwama terror attack and turn of events in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. He was speaking at an event in Chennai, when he said, “When I was running a magazine called ‘Maiyam’, I wrote on the Kashmir issue and what is expected. Hold plebiscite and make people talk…why have they not conducted it? What are they scared of? They want to divide the nation, that’s all. Why don’t you ask them again? They won’t do it?.”
His comments haven’t gone done well with a majority of people who slammed him for talking about holding a plebiscite in Kashmir. Several people also objected to him referring to Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) as Azaad Kashmir. While people on social media criticised him and called him an anti-national, Kamal Haasan’s party Makkal Needhi Maiam issued a clarification saying that the party president stands shoulder-to-shoulder with the armed forces in this hour of grief.
The party also stated that Kamal Haasan’s statements were taken out of context since he was referring to an article written three decades ago and they have no relevance now. Now, it remains to be seen how both Kamal Haasan and his party handle this sensitive issue in the near future.
Articles that might interest you:
- Stunner: Drishyam 2 registers unprecedented growth on second Saturday
- Mahesh Babu – Krishna Garu will always stay in our hearts
- Buzz: Vijay’s next is an adaptation of this Hollywood movie
- Mega producer confirms the re-release of Orange
- Nayanthara’s Gold locks its OTT partner
- Unseen pic of Prabhas from Baahubali goes viral