A few days ago, Dr. Mohan Babu wrote to the organisers of the 100 Years of Indian Cinema celebrations, asking them to postpone the event due to the political turmoil in the state. The Movie Artists Association (MAA) has convened an emergency meeting today and a unanimous resolution was passed, supporting Mohan Babu in this regard. As a result of this, Telugu film artistes and MAA members will not be performing at the event.
The event will be take place in Chennai from September 21st to 24th and a number of senior actors will be felicitated at the event.
Telugu actors will now only attend the event and stay away from any kind of on stage performances. The decision has also been endorsed by the Telugu Film Producers Council.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these multi-starrer combo you are looking forward to?
- Star heroine denies being part of Krish 4
- Juicy info about Mahesh’s look in Chiru’s next
- Javed Akthar’s comments on Thappad overwhelm Taapsee
- HIT’s day one AP/TG collections are here
- Popular director to helm Chiranjeevi’s Lucifer remake?